Self-Storage Facility Manager
The Self-Storage Facility Manager is an energetic, outgoing self-starter who has excellent sales, marketing and customer service skills. He/she aggressively contributes to profitability by developing and maintaining mutually beneficial business relationships and being committed to customer satisfaction. This individual is responsible for the self-storage facility location and oversees all operations and business development activity, evaluates the staff through performance appraisals and reports status and makes improvement suggestions to the executive team on a regular basis.
• Works collaboratively with the support staff and other managers to successfully increase revenue and customer satisfaction.
• Regularly evaluates facility, staff and objectives and reports status to Corporate and makes suggestions for improvement.
• Responsible for meeting budgeted NOI, keeping facility rented at optimum levels by effectively utilizing advertising, promotional and customer relations skills as approved by Management.
• Provides outstanding customer service including assessing and resolving customer problems, and professionally handling telephone and walk-in inquires.
• Shows and rents storage units.
• Actively sells and maintains supplies for all point-of-sale merchandise.
• Maintains all required tenant documentation in a neat and orderly manner as directed by Management.
• Controls delinquencies through telephone contact and letters on a scheduled basis, including regular customer billing statements.
• Cleans spaces as vacated and hallways as needed.
• Maintains a neat, clean, safe and secure facility including minor maintenance and daily lock checks.
• General management of the office including, but not limited to, opening and closing the office on time each day, keeping and balancing petty cash, making daily bank deposits and preparing daily, weekly and monthly reports as required by Management.
• Assists in preparation of units due to vacancies. Conducts auctions as prescribed by law and approved by Management.
• Effectively communicates with Management and fellow employees.
• Good communication skills and management skills
• 3 years’ experience in the self-storage industry.
• The ability to pay close attention to detail
• Employment is also subject to the satisfactory results of a background check.
• Ability to understand an automated gate system and security monitoring system.
• Facility maintains consistent NOI
• Maintains good customer/tenant relations
• Maintains all required tenant documentation
• Completes required reporting to Management in a timely manner
• Displays good rapport and cooperation with Management and fellow employees